Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thin Horses...I don't get this...

Yesterday I had some horse stuff to do and really had a chance to get out among the horse world. At first I was really thrilled to even see a horse. I’m of the opinion that even looking at a horse is bliss. If it’s a horse, I’m so there.

After a bit, it dawned on me that a LOT of the horses were on the thin side. Why is this?? There seems to be plenty of hay for sale on CL plus you can always go to the feed store and buy Cool Calories or Weight Builder or buy more oats.

Now I know firsthand there are some horses that are hard keepers but they are NOT that common, as much as I saw yesterday. Some of the horses were on short pastures and it seems to me, if the horse(s) run(s) out of pasture grasses, buy some hay and throw it! Not that hard to figure out, know what I mean??

Okay, so you say the hay is expensive, well, yeah, it’s expensive but what in this world isn’t at this time?? So, you’d rather say that hay is expensive and have your horse look like sh*t for the world to see or would you rather people admire your horsekeeping abilities in tough times?? Hmmmm???

A good worming will do wonders for your horse also. You can buy wormers at the feed store and DIY. You can even order them from, say, Jeffers for the mighty sum of $2.79 or so. That won’t break the bank, don’t tell me that! Even the Zim Gold isn’t that expensive in the long run.
Okay, just had to get that off my chest. I didn’t plan on writing this but since it was on my mind, I had to do it.