Thursday, February 19, 2009

Introducing HorseInfoPerson blog!! Taa-daa!!

Horse Info Person Blog…

This is my first foray into the blogosphere, so it ought to be a trip and half! I thought of this blog after posting on Craiglist about incorrect information on horses. I got one snarky email and plenty of supportive emails but that didn’t stop my posts from being deleted/flagged. Apparently, I really, really hit a nerve with someone…someone who has the time to watch all the posts and delete the ones that they don’t like. In my book, I say grow a pair and get over it. Actually, thanks, sort of, because now I have this blog and I’m going to let ‘er rip!!
I don’t know if this blog will be suitable for kids under 13 and I much prefer that only over-18 year olds read it. I don’t cuss that much or that often but periodically, I do let them fly when I’m annoyed or being silly or trying to make a point. I try to write like I speak in real life. A goody-twoshoes, I’m not.

As for an email address, I have to still set one up. I’ll do a yahoo one probably because I want to remain anonymous as much as possible. Not that I’m afraid of anyone but I want to be able to read CL posts and comment on them truthfully or when I show up at a horse show/rodeo/trail ride/etc., I want to report back what I really see…not going to be PC. I’m not that way in real life so I don’t see a point in being one now. I’m very independent and think for myself, never have been one to just go with the crowd. Hence, this blog.

If I can, I’ll have a comment section but I WILL censor any absolutely profane or downright dumb posts. There isn’t any point in going hog wild with profanity or rudeness as most sane people will tune you out anyway. Don’t try to blow smoke at me that I can’t do this or write this blog. This blog is my personal opinion and I’m covered by the First Ammendment (well, so far anyway…). If anyone doesn’t like what I’m saying, they are welcome to start their own blog and say what they want. Doesn’t matter to me.

Well, another thing…I don’t post pics very well and have trouble doing so. I don’t ‘get’ embedding so will probably dispense with that also. But when I post about a CL post, I’ll probably just use general info or try to show the link. Not sure I can do it but I’ll sure give it the ol’ college try! The Information Highway left me somewhere along the way, sad to say!
Almost forgot to mention, I do have a life going on around me and needs be I have to take care of things so posting may be sporadic but anyone can always go back and reread any posts, any time, any where.

Okay, on to my first REAL post!! Read on, dear reader…
Today, someone asked me how to find out about the gelding clinics. I read the Fugly horse blog and she mentioned something a while back about the gelding clinics that, I think, NorCal Horse Rescue does or helps fund. So, if you contact Cathy at Fuglyhorseoftheday.blogspot.com, she can probably direct you to the right place or just search her blog for the info.
Okay, with that out of the way, I’ve been thinking of topics and at first I thought I might now have enough to write about, to keep the blog going, but then my mind kicked into gear and the following is what I’ve come up with…(I’m pretty sure that’s a run-on sentence but I can’t make it work any other way. *sigh*)

1. How to measure a horse correctly.

2. Stud material, what is THAT?? Is my stud colt good enough to stay a stud? (probably not…) What’s the difference between a ‘stud’ and a ‘stallion’?? (yes, there is a difference)

3. Pricing a horse in any market.

4. Correct conformation that isn’t confirmed…(that’s an inside joke).

5. Kids/grandkids and 2 year old stud colts. (Egads that I even have to address this peccadillo).

6. Taking good pictures of your hoss.

7. Bloodlines and how important they are to the price of the horse.

8. Grammar and spelling in the ads…that’s one ‘d’, not two. ‘Ad’ is short for ‘advertisement‘. ‘Adds’ is mathematics and not my strong point.

9. Horsemanship and equitation. I’ll explain what they are in great detail as time goes on.

10. Natural horsemanship. Not a fan of it.

11. Classical/traditional horsemanship. The best horses are made this way.

12. Training ideas and tips.

13. My rants about how people haul their horses. You’ll hear plenty about this!! Don’t get me started about hauling with the windows open and horse’s heads hanging out! Well, yeah, I am going to get started at least…

14. The different horse breeds.

15. Snarky people who post silly ads of way-inferior horses and want a king’s ransom for them. That is a never-ending post right there!!

16. Almost forgot the surplus of horses and the kill pens quandary.

Okaaayyyy…so far that’s what I’ve come up with. I’m pretty sure that as time goes on, I’ll think of other things or if you have something you want to read about, let me know. As before, this blog is my opinion and if you ask me a question, you’ll hear what I think is correct. I’m pretty sure that when I post on CL about this blog, the ‘grow a pair’ community will flag it pretty quick so if anyone reading this will let their friends know, I’d appreciate it. I’ll repost on CL as often as I can but as I said, I do have an outside life and must take care of things. I’m not making any money off of this blog, just want to impart good, sound information about horses and my lifetime of practical learning about them. “Practical learning” means hands-on learning, not just book learning.

*I do have an email for this blog now... it's horseinfoperson@yahoo.com. Feel free to drop me a line with ideas for the blog or just to let me know how things are going. Remember, when posting to me, you get more with honey than with vinegar.*

PS...I'm hoping this all works and if it doesn't, I'll have to work on it later and get it back up so bear with me on all this.