Thursday, February 26, 2009

Annoying Pictures and Wording

I wasn't going to post today as I have plenty to do but after taking a lookie-loo at CL, I just had to.

How you present your horse says a whole lot about you. If you are selling a multi-thousand dollar horse, then please take some time to spiff the varmint up and make someone want/need him. The buyer will see it as less work for them to do to get the horse going...and may even take credit for your work!

A halter should fit properly. http://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-a-Horse-Halter It should be a good halter, not something that is dirt caked and torn up. A nylon is fine as long as it fits.

To my mind, the horse should be groomed, clean and as shiny as can be expected in the winter. I realize there are horses on pasture and shiny is about the last thing you're going to get but you can knock the mud off, comb out the mane and tail and maybe buff off the hoofies so the buyer can see them. I've seen ads where I'm not sure there is a sock or stocking or it's a dark leg under there.

As I said, I have to get gone but must add this...what is with this comment I see A LOT that the buyer says "The pictures don't do this horse justice.".... Say what?? Then what in the hell are you doing posting them?? Especially if you have an obviously multi-thousand dollar horse horse on CL?? Oh, yes, there are some absolutely scrumtious horses on there that are worth the moolah but the pics kind of diminsh them. Check around online to find how to take pics of your baby to best optimize his looks. http://www.cowboyway.com/HowTo/TakeHorsePictures.htm There are multiple sites that will help you. Also, I have a book that I bought that is a course on taking proper horse pics. Can't think of the name but it's by a female horse photographer and it's great!

Okay, have to go for today but have plenty of ideas and some posts in the hopper. Take care, all.